For New Leads, Go Social!
Consider these facts from Hubspot's State of Inbound Marketing Report:
• 93% of US adult Internet users are on Facebook.
• Facebook is overtaking Google and Yahoo in terms of total time spent online
• Facebook generates more conversions for B2Cs (Business to Consumers).
So while being visible on the search engines is vital, a social marketing component is becoming essential to local businesses that not only want to "get found," but also grow their profits. Obviously, having a Facebook page for your business is a must. Here are some smart next steps as well:
1. Investigate local group daily deals. Through these programs, you offer a great deal in exchange for "fans" getting their large personal networks to take advantage of your special offer.
2. Use social media to promote specials. Mention new deals on your Facebook page. Take advantage of Local.com's Local Premium service, too, so you enhance your search listing with discount coupons and special offers.
3. Answer local questions. Use social media like Facebook and LinkedIn to engage and converse with your target audience. An easy way to start the conversation is by sharing local information. If you're looking for content, check out Local.com's EVENTS listings for what's happening around town that you might want to let your network know about.